November 28, 2022
Dear friends of the Bach Ensemble,
Performing the sacred cantatas of J. S. Bach requires having highly trained and capable musicians. If you’ve attended a Bach Vespers, you have witnessed firsthand what creative and talented artists we have in the Bach Ensemble. Month after month they come together and learn the incredibly intricate parts of a cantata, and perform them at the highest level in our services.
To do this well not only takes years of training but incredible talent and dedication. I am humbled and grateful to be able to lead these musicians. I am also
thankful for the generosity of our patrons who make it possible to compensate these musicians at an appropriate level. The Bach Vespers is a treasure to our area, but it takes “treasure” to make it happen.
Did you know…
- $2000-3500: The cost of Bach Vespers service.
- $2000: Sponsors a Bach Ensemble member for an entire season
- $1500: Sponsors a Bach Scholar for a season.
- $300: The cost of a score and parts for a cantata.
- $40,000: Our total annual budget for the Bach Ensemble. This amount comes entirely from our donors and grants and is not a part of the operating budget of St. Thomas.
It takes a lot to make the music happen: hard-working and talented musicians to study and prepare, and gracious and generous patrons to make their work possible.
If you haven’t made a gift to the Bach Ensemble in 2022, I ask that you consider doing so. Gifts of any amount are greatly appreciated and put to good use. You can give in several ways:
- Mail in your gift to Bach Ensemble at St. Thomas, 100 Miami Avenue, Terrace Park, Ohio 45174.
- Give online (one-time or recurring) by clicking here. Please note: you must specify “Bach Vespers” in the FUND box on this form.
If you have given this year, thank you. We could not do this without you.
I look forward to seeing you in 2023, as we prepare for the exciting arrival of our new organ in the fall!